Wednesday 4 September 2013

Miss President

Sometimes I wonder whether our actions will echo across the century. Whether they'll sing songs about us, write books about us or even remember us.
Ones that live great and die young, will be remembered for their famous actions. Songs will be written and they'll sing for a hundred years and more.
Ones that live quietly and die old and grey will not be remembered. Their children will tell theirs the stories about you, but the memories will vanish and die with them.
I ought to something great. Something really big.
I'll be remembered for over a thousand years as we remember Achilles, or Menelaos of Greece.
In thirty years I'll be on the news as the president of The Netherlands that changed the world. And you'll be like, oh that girl, I read her blog once!
Yeah, that'll be me. They've always told me I'm the most likely to be president of all, and i'll make them say 'I told her'. I'll make them say I knew Iris before she became famous (or infamous, whatever you'd call it, haha), 'I met her in high school'. 'She was my friend back then' (and I'll hopefully still be).
Articles will be written about me, news reporters will talk about my achievements, and even the Chinese will remember me.
Remember this girl, and you might once me able to say 'I know her', when i'm (in)famous and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment